- 12 tablespoons of fresh white breadcrumbs, made from 2 large slices
- 2 lbs lamb mince
- 1 egg, beaten (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves
- large handful mint
- half green chilli
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 zucchini, cut into batons
- Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh Feta cheese, cubed into small squares
- Add bread, chilli, mint and garlic to a food processor. Chop everything finely.
- In a large bowl, add breadcrumb mix and add salt and pepper.
- To this, add a beaten egg, then the lamb mince, and mix thoroughly. Make small meatballs and keep aside.
- Heat a heavy, frying pan on medium heat and add meatballs. Put a splatter screen if available over the pan. After 2-3 minutes shake pan so as to roll the meatballs and toss them around so they brown evenly. Continue this every 2-3 minutes, until the meatballs are lightly browned. The idea is to *almost* cook them, they will finish cooking in the oven later. As meatballs brown, remove from pan, and keep aside in a bowl. Before adding the next batch, throw out the fat from the frying pan into the sink – do this carefully as pan and oil will be hot! You can also use kitchen towels to soak up the oil.
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- In the meantime, prepare vegetables: Cut Onion, zucchini and potato into large wedges. toss in a little olive oil and salt and pepper for seasoning. spread these evenly into deep oven trays (I used 2 trays).
- Once oven is hot, slide in the trays and cook vegetables for 25 minutes.
- Now, add the lamb meatballs, cherry tomatoes and cubed feta to the trays, placing them in between the vegetables.
- Return to oven for another 15-20 minutes. The vegetables should have a nice brown crisp edges.