- Press ½ gallon (4 pints) softened vanilla ice cream into a 9-inch springform pan or a round baking dish lined with cling film.
- Freeze until firm, at least 10-15 minutes, an hour is probably ideal.
- Remove ice cream from mold. if you used a normal baking dish, place a serving plate (upside down) over the top, hold both securely and gently turn over , then remove cling film carefully. Work swiftly, so ice cream does not melt.
- Top with 1 cup caramel sauce (slightly warmed, if too thick, but make sure its not hot as it will melt the ice cream – I drizzle the caramel) and ½ cup toasted sliced almonds. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- After an hour, cut cake into slices with a knife dipped in hot water, and return to freezer until ready to serve!