2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 medium onion, diced small
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1/2 inch ginger stem. finely diced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 medium potato (small dice)
1 cup peas OR 1/2 cup peas and 1/2 cup peppers
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp green coriander, chopped
– Make paneer with 1 liter milk. Boil the milk on medium heat in heavy bottomed pot, then add 1/8 cup of vinegar to make paneer when milk boils. Paneer will seperate from whey and float. Strain curds in sink, discard whey. Keep paneer aside.
– Add 2 tbsp to hot pan on medium heat. Once hot, add 1 teaspoon f cumin seeds.
– When they sizzle, add diced onion ( 1 medium ), 2 cloves of garlic and 1/2 inch ginger (very small dice)
– Once lightly brown and translucent,
– If using potato, add small diced potato (1 medium)
– Add 1 tsp salt , stir cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until potato is tender (add a couple of tbsp water if mixture is sticking to pan).
– Add 1 cup peas (if frozen, cook for 2 minutes or so) OR 1/2 cup peas and 1/2 cup mixed peppers (if frozen cook for 2 minutes or so).
– Add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp cumin powder and stir.
– Add tomatoes (2 small diced medium), stir and cook for 4 minutes, until they break down.
– Add paneer (crumbled) – stir and cook for 4 minutes or so.
– Sprinkle garam masala and green coriander.