- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1½ cups sliced almonds
- 1½ cups large unsweetened coconut flakes
- Scant 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Milk of choice (I like almond milk) or plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. For easy cleanup, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (I was out, so I did not and it was fine).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almonds, coconut, salt and cinnamon. Mix well. Pour in the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix well. Do NOT add the chocolate chips; we’re saving those for later.
- Pour the mixture onto your baking sheet and bake for about until the oats and coconut flakes are lightly golden and fragrant, tossing halfway, about 15 minutes.
- Let the muesli cool completely. Serve individual portions in bowls with almond milk or yogurt.